Scallion Pancakes ("Chijimi") with spicy dipping sauce.
Nowdays, you should can have Scallion Pancakes ("Chijimi") with spicy dipping sauce using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how the way you brew that.
Ingredients of Scallion Pancakes ("Chijimi") with spicy dipping sauce
- It’s 1 bunch of Scallions, garlic chives, or green onions.
- You need 200 g of Flour.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 600 ml of Water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 4-5 g of Katsuo-bushi bonito flakes (optional).
- You need 2-3 Tbsp of oil for frying, sesame is recommended.
- It’s of Spicy Sauce:.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic, grated.
- It’s 1 tsp of Chinese chili bean paste or other spicy sauce "Toubanjan" 豆板醤.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of Miso paste.
- It’s 2 tsp of Sesame oil.
Scallion Pancakes ("Chijimi") with spicy dipping sauce instructions
- Make your dipping sauce by mixing grated garlic, spicy bean paste, soy sauce, sugar, miso, and sesame oil..
- Add sesame seeds to sauce if you wish..
- Cut scallions/chives into 2-3 cm pieces..
- In a mixing bowl, add 200g flour, 1 egg, 1/2 tsp salt and 600 ml water. Whisk until well mixed. The batter should end up pretty runny..
- Add katsuo-bushi/bonito flakes to the bowl if you have them..
- Stir scallions/chives into batter..
- Mix batter well..
- Heat half oil for frying on medium high heat in a big frying pan. Pour in half the batter and fry until bottom starts to brown..
- Flip to other side and continue frying until browned. Remove pancake and cook the rest of the batter the same way..
- Cut into easy to serve slices and serve with dipping sauce. If you make it, upload your photo – I'd love to see your version!.
- *For a simpler sauce, mix 1 clove grated garlic, 4 tsp ground sesame seeds, 4 tsp sesame oil, and 4 Tbsp soy sauce. This goes well with mayonnaise :).